Defence Lab Shropshire is a reality based martial arts school teaching self-defence and self-confidence to both kids and adults. Defence lab is the outcome of real-life experiences, pressure testing, research and investigation of human instinct for over the past 30 years.
The term ‘Defence Lab Shropshire ‘ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website.
The term “You”, “your” refers to the user/viewer or purchaser of a product from us.
This document was created using a template from HQ Defence Lab
Defence Lab Shropshire is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Following are summarised the rights. Accordingly, you should read the relevant laws and guidance from the regulatory authorities for a full explanation of these rights.
Your principal rights under data protection law are:
(a) the right to access;
(b) the right to rectification;
(c) the right to erasure;
(d) the right to restrict processing;
(e) the right to object to processing;
(f) the right to data portability;
(g) the right to complain to a supervisory authority; and
(h) the right to withdraw consent.
What personal information do we collect?
- your name and contact information including postal address, e-mail address and telephone number, date of birth when you booking a free trial.
- Details you provide when you contact us or make enquiries either generally or about any purchases you make with us.
- details of your visits to the website and the resources that you access.
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
What we do with the personal information we collect?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To allow you access to this website.
- To book a free trial through our third party CRM system.
- For internal accounting and regulatory purposes.
- For statistical analysis to assess our business performance and to improve our products and services.
- To assist in providing product support.
- Responding to enquiries and requests via the Contact page of this website.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided to us and given us the written consent as per GDPR.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We do not process payment details on this website.
We have policies, rules and measures in place and try to take all reasonable steps to safeguard your personal information.
WHO DO WE SHARE IT WITH?
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
We may provide aggregated statistics (including information derived from your data) about our website performance, traffic patterns, and related website information to trustworthy third parties. We will do this for the purpose of carrying out assessments, analysis and research in relation to our business, products, services and customers. This is to assist in the provision of services and products to you and to facilitate reviews, developments and improvements to our website and the services and products offered to you. The statistics we disclose to those third parties will not include personally identifying information.
THIRD – PARTY SERVICES
We use third party service Google Analytics to monitor our website in order to understand our visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out which part of the website our visitor is more interested, so we can enhance it. Further it helps to understand which segment of the website is least popular. We do not use the tool to find out the identities of the user. Google Analytics provide us information on total number of visitors, their geographical location, time, type of device used to access the website. During online marketing campaign period this information help us to establish how successful the campaign has been.
We use Nest CRM system which is integrated in our website. The system is used to book free trial appointments, which help us to track number of free trial students in the class. This also helps us to monitor conversion, how many joined us after the free trial.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or let you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
OBTAINING THE INFORMATIONHELD ABOUT YOU
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.